|[Home] [Credit Search] [Category Browser] [Staff Roll Call]||The LINUX.COM Article Archive|
|Originally Published: Friday, 31 December 1999||Author: John Gowin|
|Published to: news_enhance_desktops/zzzz||Page: 1/1 - [Printable]|
Gnumeric 0.46 released
From the Gnome Announce list, Miguel de Icaza released a new version Gnumeric today. New features include greatly improved Excel Export, Y2K refinements, and much more.
|Page 1 of 1|
A new version of Gnumeric has been released
* New in this release:
- Greatly enhanced Excel Export, it now handles styles, and summaries are now mostly complete (Jody, Jon, Michael) - Linear regression and linear optimization were added.
- Many improvments for plugins. The guile plugin is seeing active development and many of the dormant modules are now enabled by default.
- Some final Y2K polishing has also been done. Guessing dates correctly when you enter them (Peter Moulder)
- Lots of core adjustments and stability improvements.
* The beginning of a command interface for implementing error reporting and setting up the Undo architecture (Jody).
* Make the interface more consistent in a few places (JP)
* Cell sort user interface improved (JP)
* Handles failed file/open and file/import better (Jody)
* Improved error reporting mechanism for Plugins (Jody).
* New EURO() function for currency conversions (Jukka-Pekka)
* Few skeleton functions added
* Robustify range checking in a few functions (Morten)
* Improved statistical functions, regression code works with multi-dimensional data (check ChangeLog for details) (Andrew)
- Printing should be smarter
It should no longer print out the entire sheet, but try to find the best region to print (JP, Michael)
- Python plugin should work now (Jody)
- More user-visible state is preserved on the .gnumeric files (Michael)
- Various bugs were fixed and memory leaks were plugged as usual.
- Updated Gnumeric programming documentation.
Fixed HTML export (michael),
* Installation Notes : 1) Be sure to install the plugins supplied with this release. Previous versions will neither work, nor be accepted.
2) You will want to clear out ~/.gnome/Gnumeric if you had used the printing code in other versions, this will speed up Gnumeric (a bug was there that could slow Gnumeric down).
* Contributors to this release:
Andrew Chatman, Ariel Rios, Cort Dougan, Ettore Perazzoli, Frank, Jody Goldberg, Jon K Hellan, Michael Meeks, Joe Sakosky, JP Rosevar, Jukka-Pekka Iivonnen, Kjartan Maaras, Miguel de Icaza, Morten Welinder, Peter Moulder, Tuomas Kuosmanen, and Yuri Syrota.
-- FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq To unsubscribe: mail email@example.com with "unsubscribe" as the Subject.
|Page 1 of 1|