|[Home] [Credit Search] [Category Browser] [Staff Roll Call]||The LINUX.COM Article Archive|
|Originally Published: Thursday, 24 February 2000||Author: Mike Pelletier|
|Published to: Headline News/Networking||Page: 1/1 - [Std View]|
Zope Weekly News
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the Zope.org site.
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the chronicler exclusively.
* Neuberger & Hughes have announced the release of version 1.0 of their WorldPilot software. It has been whispered in shady corners of conferences that WorldPilot could well be Zope's first Killer App. WorldPilot is an integrated, through-the-web PIM and IMAP mail client, with collaborative capabilities.
* Software Product: "Simple Directory of URLs", submitted by "Roug"
This handy product manages sets of links to external resources. It can perform click-through counting, and allows untrusted users to submit link suggestions (which are subject to review).
* Software Product: "An Extensible, Base Banner System", submitted by "Bill"
"Bill" wrote, "BannerSystem is the beginning of a full-fledged banner add management system. Currently, it is functional, and includes a sample implementation that can be used."
* Software Product: "JSplitter", submitted by "brianh"
This is a replacement for ZCatalog's word-splitter. This product enables full-text searching of Japanese with ZCatalog.
* Software Product: "A simple site mapping object", submitted by "haqa"
This ZClass product provides three forms of navigation widgets: "Top Level" (horizontal), "Full Context" (vertical) and a full Site Map. It requires "lalo"'s Renderable ZClass product. (See links)
* Software Product: "A simple photo album product", submitted by "haqa"
A simple ZClass product which provides a means of organising and browsing collections of images. They can be browsed as thumbnails in user-configured batch sizes.
* Software Product: "MySQL user folder", submitted by "vladap"
Version 0.4.0 has been released. This release adds a layer of indirection to the DTML interface files the user folder uses to allow for multilingualism. Also, anonymous authentication now works.
* Software Product: "An Interface for MySQL", submitted by "adustman"
This Products description states, "MySQLdb is a Python interface to MySQL-3.22. It is designed to be fully thread-safe and will not block other threads." A patch is included which will update ZMySQLDA to use this interface, rather than it's older, non-thread-safe version.
The latest release is 0.1.2.
* How-To: "Using Zope on a third-party web host", submitted by "gldnspud"
This How-To explains how to set up Zope to run on a Unix server where you do not have administrative rights, such as on an ISP's server.
* How-To: "Use Direct Traversal of SQL Methods", submitted by Chris McDonough
'Direct Traversal' is a trick which allows you to create URLs which pass arguments to SQL Methods _without_ a query string on the end of the URL. This allows more aesthetically pleasing, "Mom-friendly" URLs.
The audience for this How-To appears to be Zope newbies and intermediates with some SQL experience.
-- Mike Pelletier.