- It currently supports 8-ball pool, complete with customizable physics.
- Future versions will support other games such as snooker.
- Future versions will also a more realistic physics engine with more customizble features.
- Network support coming soon.
- The author will also be creating a 3D version MESA or a similar library.
The source code and binaries for this game can be found here.
- Skeletally animated players. Animations are generated in real time based on a (not so great, but functional) physics model. You'll never see the same collision twice.
- Texture mapping. Players can be identified on the ice by their jersey number, and advertisements can be placed on the boards and on the ice itself.
- Bigger players show up as taller and wider than smaller ones.
- Fatigue and automatic line changes.
- Penalties (except 2 line passes)
- Direct player control (Only keyboard is currently supported), either in puck hog or single position mode.
- A few more graphical touches, such as heads turning to track the puck, and a completely different set of animations for goalies
- Integration of coaching and control features from regular version into 3D accelerated version.
- Career play. Players are drafted into leagues, change over seasons, and retire.
- Trading among computer controlled teams as well as player controlled teams
- Waivers and free agency
The binaries for this game cane be found here.